*

Thursday, January 1, 2015

PERSPECTIVE

That is my word of the year for 2015: PERSPECTIVE. I like words that have lots of applications, and perspective is one of those. It means that I want to see things from other people's perspectives, and I want to look at the big picture, and I want to put what I want now on the back burner in lieu of what I want most. Which is all summed up nicely with my one word: Perspective.

Anyhoo, here's a few more goals:

1. Go to Hawaii, because

Okay fine, I'll go.
2. Read the General Conference talks again. I really want to read one err morning on my friend the FrontRunner!

3. Make a better organization system for my bathroom closet. I hope no one snoopily opens it when they come over for dinner or something, because it's so disorganized I just kind of want to cry.

4. Change the way I organize my school files. Breanne has her's organized in binders, one for each month. That's what I want to do, too! I am tired to files, and having 100 copies of the same blackline, and 30 examples that I did to show each new class. I want to cut it down to my bare minimum. I'm sure when I'm done with that project, I'll post about it :) I know, I know. You're all reeling from the suspense.

5. Be better at rock-climbing. I have never lead-climbed before, so my goal for 2015 is to lead-climb at least once. Even if I'm scurred! I just want to do an easy one. I can be brave.

And my biggest hardest goal for 2015 is.....

6. Don't buy ANYTHING. I mean, of course I'll buy groceries and gas and register Carbaby and get her new tires if she needs them. I'll buy Stephen's books for his classes, and I'll buy makeup and shampoo and conditioner as I run out. But I'm not buying any new clothes. No new gadgets or home decorations or shoes or fun things I "need" from the Dollar Spot at Target. I know this sounds a little crazy.....but I think I can do it! I don't want more stuff, and I don't want to lose my money to things for all of 2015. I just want to save up and buy necessities and experiences. I am actually pretty excited about it :)

Anyone else have a crazy goal out there? Feel free to share with the class!






Any year that starts out like this is bound to be a good one. Happy 2015!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment